Friday, July 11, 2008

Beach Day Cupcakes!

Today we are having a bbq down at Dohini beach in San Clemente with all of Glenns family and like usual I was asked to bring a dessert! I never mind because I LOVE to bake. I figured I would make cupcakes since they are the easiest dessert to eat at the beach since you don't have to cut them or use a plate... I wanted to go with the beach theme and I had seen a picture on the internet a couple weeks ago of similar cupcakes...
I made some chocolate cupcakes and some white cupcakes and I frosted the chocolate cupcakes and then covered the frosting in graham cracker crumbs to make it look like sand and then I just stuck a little umbrella in each one! They turned out way cuter than I thought!
The white cupcakes I frosted with blue icing and then cut out a bunch or "shark fins" on blue cardstock and stuck them in the frosting... it looks like a shark in the water!

They turned out so cute... if anyone needs little umbrellas let me know because I have a box of 150!

1 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Cute! I'll definitely have to steal that idea! :)