Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Miracles.

So I have been debating for the past couple of days whether or not to post about this but I decided that this story truly is a MIRACLE and shows the power that prayer and priesthood blessings have... so here we go

On Sunday afternoon Glenns brother Byron and his wife Amy were at a superbowl party (as most of us were). Everyone was in the house when my nephew Preston walked outside and found his little brother Xander (3 years old) in the bottom of the pool. Preston did the right thing by running inside and yelling for help. Glenns brother Byron ran outside and pulled his son out of the pool. They immediately did CPR and called 911. Xander was transfered to Saddleback Memorial Hospital in San Clemente and was in critical condition. All of the family rushed to the hospital to show our support. Since Saddleback is a smaller hospital they decided to transfer Xander to CHOC hospital in Orange. Xander is such a fighter and was trying to breathe on his own and would not give up. The doctors wanted his body to just relax so they sedated him and let machines do all of the work for him so his body could get over the trauma it just went through. Everyone was worried that there may be brain damage because of lack of oxygen to his brain but MIRACULOUSLY the catscan showed no damage at all! On Monday afternoon the doctors took him off of sedation and took out his breathing tube and IV's and he woke up and started breathing on his own! Yesterday he was released from the hospital and he is doing great and will make a FULL RECOVERY! I know that he is okay because of all of the prayers and priesthood blessings he received. As a mother myself I cannot imagine going through something like that with one of my children. It really is a wake up call because this can happen to anyone! We are just so happy and relieved that Xander is okay!

They were on FOX 11 news last night telling their story. Here's the clip if you want to see Xanders miracle!
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/OC_Toddler_Rescued_20090204

6 comments:

Tracy said...

So sorry to hear what your family has been through but relieved to hear he's doing well. I've prayed day and night for that little boy!!!

Thanks for the update

MEG said...

Danny told me the story and I wondered if you'd post it. I'm so glad you did. What an amazing recovery and spiritual experience. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

Rebecca M said...

I'm so happy for the Rex Family and especially adorable little Xander. It truly is a testimony to me of the power of prayer, priesthood, and faith!

The Peterson's said...

I am one who is sure glad for miracles too! I've had a few in my family over the years and am grateful for each testimony builder. Even though it is hard at times!

Sherri Araiza said...

Thank you for sharing that story. It goes to show that anything is possible when Heavenly Father is in charge, and that even if things look bleak, there is always hope.

Cassandra and Jordy said...

Sure makes you step back and look at who's in charge. Heavenly Father had his eyes on that boy that night. Glad to hear everything is OK. Thanks for sharing Jodi.