Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Out of Commission!

Being a mom, especially of 2 little ones, requires a lot of, let's call it "interaction." A lot, of holding, a lot of carrying, a lot of running around, and for me lately it's been involving a lot of PAIN! I am dying here! For the past month or so my back has been hurting but I just assumed it was from carrying around my 28lb. 9 1/2 month old. The past few days have been horrible though! The pain has gotten way worse and even when I lay down it hurts. I don't have a choice when it comes to carrying Koa, but the pain is worse than LABOR people! No joke (well, I mean, I did get an ephideral, but still, you feel pain)! I do have one guess at what may be contributing to my back issues... (we'll call them DeeDee). DeeDee didn't exist AT ALL until I got pregnant with Kaile... and after losing all of my pregnancy weight, DeeDee stayed. Then Koa came and DeeDee got even bigger (I did not think that was even possible)... and DeeDee doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. My posture is HORRIBLE these days and I don't want to turn into a hunchback at 22! I cannot workout, I can barely WALK and no, I am not exaggerating! I think I am pretty tough when it comes to pain (not one scream out of me during either child birth, and with Koa the ephideral was NOT SO GREAT). Any moms out there have any tips that may bring relief? I'll try anything! I CANNOT be OUT OF COMMISSION!

6 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Chiropractor or massage therapist!!

The Rex Family said...

We are going to call today to try to figure out if insurance will cover any of that! I am hoping it will!

Anonymous said...

I've been having a lot of back problems too lately. Hopefully it gets better real soon !

Sarah Hull said...

Oh friend... I totally feel your pain. Here is the number to my FAVORITE doctor. He is perfect and always gets me out of pain. I have only actually had to go to him a few times because he takes the pain away and it doesn't come back for months! And that is with my "dee dees" (that won't seem to go away either) and lifting Katie and her wheelchair and the baby!
If you need someone to watch your kids while you go, I am serious, bring them over and my kids would LOVE it!!

O.k., here you go:

Gallagher Chiropractic
5324 E 2nd St
Long Beach, CA 90803
Phone: (562) 433-2443

You tell him you are friends with Sarah who is the neice of Hank Wise. My uncle Hank and he are really good friends.

Christina said...

When I hurt my back I couldn't walk, bend, sit, lay, stand or anything. Put a hot pad on it 20 mins on, 20 mins off. Call your chiropractor ASAP and get in as soon as you can. I ended up going daily for 4 days, but the pain never came back. I've also found that strengthening my core has really helped.

Tracy said...

Umm... DeeDee's... I'm scared. How does one preggo lady prevent such pain? And where in your back does it hurt. I'm finding the back pain creeping in as my bellah creeps out... I can't sit as close to my desk at work. Aye... you have truly freaked the snot out of me my friend.

PS - I say massage therapist... they have magic hands.