Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sick of Sickness!

Sick but still happy!

For the past couple of weeks Koa has been pretty sick off and on. Fever, coughing, runny nose, and last night he gave up quite the scare! At 3am I heard him moving around in his crib so I went to check on him and he was very very pale and cold and panting... like he was having a hard time breathing. I took Koa to Glenn and we decided that we better take him to the ER... he was shaking like he was freezing. My dad came over and him and Glenn gave him a blessing before we took him to the hospital. (thanks dad for waking up at 3am and staying with Kaile). Of course his breathing sounded much better when we got to the hospital but when they took him temperature it was 104.6! WAY TOO HIGH! I had been giving him motrin and tylenol but his fever was out of control! I of course freaked out! They did an RSV swab and it came back negative. Then they did some chest X-rays because his breathing was coarse and the X-rays showed he has a respiratory infection. Basically there is nothing they can do unless it becomes phenomia (ummm okay so I just wait til my kid has phenomia to help him out?!) So they gave him some "extra strong" medicine to get his fever down and we were on our way. We made it home around 7am and our kids were nice enough to sleep in until 11. I hope my little guy gets better soon! I cannot stand to see him suffer!



Thanks to Aunt Beca and Uncle Jaime for playing with Kaile all day today so mommy could take care of Koa! Thanks dad for the late night house call!!

8 comments:

MEG said...

OH that totally stinks! I hate going to the ER thinking my baby is going to die and they tell me there is nothing they can do. It's even more fun when your insurance won't pay the bill because they don't think your reasoning is good enough. LOL, can you tell I frequent the ER with Axton?

I hope he feels better soon :(

Michelle said...

Wow! Jodi! How are you? It's great to see you and Glen are doing so great. I grew up with his family, so I still picture him as 15 or something. Crazy! Your kids are absolutely gorgeous!!! No surprise there, though. You guys are too. I see you keep in contact with my brother and sister in law. That's awesome! Isn't Axton a doll? I'm a proud Aunt! :) I hope your little guy feels better soon. Nothing's worse than a sick baby. Boo hoo!

Christina said...

I'm glad Koa is ok and you've recovered from your scare, at least a littl bit.

Tracy said...

Aww poor baby!! Hopefully he is on the mend now and everything is okay!!!

Alyssa said...

that little boy melts my heart! he is so happy...all the time! i need to be more like him haha...at least i know i can count on one boy in my life...haha...he always makes my day! i love you all!
alyssa

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Get better little Koa !

Tracy said...

I can't believe you just said that too!!! hahahaaaa!!! So then that opens the flood gates to this question: WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE!?

The Rex Family said...

I don't know if there will ever be a next one. well, at least that is what I say now... for now I am 110% content (probably because I am 110% busy all of the time)... mine are too young to think about a next one yet! I enjoy giving them all of the attention I can!