Thursday, March 19, 2009

She said what?!

Kaile is 2 years and 4 months old. She didn't walk good until she was probably 14 months, she didn't get her first tooth until after she turned one, but she was an early talker and communicator. By 9 months she would tell me "more" in sign language and by 18 months she could say basically any word. Around 20 months she would say full blown sentences and by 2 she could have a whole conversation with me. Not only does she say a lot, but she says it well. She annunicates (is that a word?) very well. Everyday she says funny things, but today she said RUDE things! I really don't know where she gets some of these things! I guess she just soaks in EVERYTHING that she hears (but I swear, I don't say this one)...
Scenario: We had just finished eating lunch... I was cleaning up the kitchen, Glenn was around, and I offered Kaile a popsicle. She, very happily, accepted and she sat down at the table and I brought over a popsicle, took off the wrapper and asked her what color the popsicle was, she said RED. It indeed was red so I praised her for being the smartest little thing ever and gave her the popsicle. I went back to doing the dishes and she sat and ate her popsicle.
The problem: A few minutes later I noticed that she was rubbing her popsicle on the kitchen table.
Me: "Kaile, please stop making a mess. Just eat the popsicle."
I then went back to doing the dishes.... a minute or so passes and I notice that she was now smashing the popsicle on the table...
Me: "Kaile, mommy said STOP MAKING A MESS. I am not going to give you... (I am then cut off)
Kaile: "I DON'T HAVE TO FREAKING LISTEN TO YOU!"
Me: (trying to contain myself, telling myself Jodi she's only 2! She's only 2... wondering what shes going to be telling me at 16 if this is what she is telling me at 2) "GLENN HANDLE HER!"

Honestly she is such a sweet girl, but today was not a good day!

9 comments:

The Peterson's said...

LOL, Oh my! I am sure it wasn't funny at the time but that story was funny. Hopefully it won't continue so you wont have to wait to see how she will be at 16. :)

Christina said...

That is so funny! She's just flexing her big-girl muscles, seeing what she can get away with. terrible twos, right?

Kelly said...

That is so funny! What a cute little girl. I can't wait for Tyler to start communicating more. How's Koa doing? I can't believe birthdays are coming up so soon!!

Nicole said...

That is so funny!!! I think its a girl thing.. my boys never really talked back... Then I had girls... Oh man!

Rebecca M said...

Um, sorry. That's probably my fault since I frequent the "F" word. She has probably heard me say it a million times...why is she such a parrot?!?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Rebecca just admitted to being the excellent role model. Because when I was reading this funny-not so funny story and read that line, I said to myself.... hmmm.... sounds like Rebecca. HAHAHAHA!!!

Jones Family said...

hahahahahaha... that's hilarious!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That is tooo funny. I know this is terrible, but....HOW CUTE IS SHE FOR SAYING THAT?!!! lol

Tracy said...

Not sure how I missed this post... but wow. That's so funny... yet not funny! And I'm glad Rebecca copped to it... hahahaaa!!

Maybe it's a good thing I gave up the eff word {except mine was the worse eff word}... I'd die if Baby J said that!