Thursday, August 14, 2008

The past couple of weeks...

The past few weeks have been really good! Kaile went from HATING nursery and screaming bloody murder every sunday after sacrament to LOVING it a little too much! Now as soon as I put one of her church dresses on on Sunday morning she knows it's church time and she repeatedly says "play nursery mama, play nursery..." I am glad that she finally loves going but I don't love the fact that through the whole 1st hour of church she cries for nursery. She is such a good girl and is getting so smart! I had been teaching Kaile her last name and now when you ask her what her name is she says "Kaile Rex" so clearly. She talks in sentences now and can tell me what she wants and needs and I love it! Today we walked to Chick-fil-A for lunch and Glenn and I were talking and Kaile said "I'm gonna push mel-on-a" (her cousin Meleana). We were like WHAT?! I told her that we give hugs and kisses to our cousins we don't push and she said "NO I PUSH ONA!" I have NO idea where that came from but we definately have to watch her the next time she sees her cousin to make sure she is nice!
A couple of weeks ago we celebrated aunt "becas" (my sister rebecca) and uncle jaimes (her husband) birthdays. Their birthdays aren't until next week but we celebrated with Jaimes family who was visiting from out of state. They had a pool party and a little bon fire it was a lot of fun!
Koa has somehow managed to hold up his HUGE head! He can now hold it up well enough to play in his excersaucer and he LOVES reaching for all of the toys. It keeps him entertained until his head gets too heavy for his little neck. He is getting so dang big I cant believe it!
Kaile absolutely adores her brother and is so loving and protective of him... although the other day she smacked him in the face (and he started SCREAMING) when she got mad at me for not letting her hold him without my help. It totally FREAKED me out because it was so out of character for her to do that! She is usually so soft and careful. After a "little talk" with mommy she said "sorry kokies" and gave him kisses and has been back to her nice self!
Koa has been such a GREAT baby! He smiles, giggles, and does silly things to try to get my attention. I am so in love with him and everything he does! He is growing up so fast and is just such a sweet little boy! He is a GREAT sleeper... he sleeps all night and takes a 4 hour nap during the day and a couple little cat naps here and there. I finally feel like I can just enjoy having 2 kids instead of constantly feeling overwhelmed and busy! It's so much easier now that Koa has a "routine."

2 comments:

MEG said...

Oh it's so sweet that Kaile is talking in sentences now! I thought about Axton doing that the other day and hoped he would say nice things to me all the time. I can't wait for him to tell me that he loves me. (am I a freak?!)

Anyway, the pictures of Kaile and Koa are adorable! I'm so glad too when Axton gets on a routine, but every time I think we have it down he changes something up! Lucky you for getting him to take a 4 hour nap every day! WOW!

Rebecca M said...

I told you not to put that pic up!! I'll get you back...